PRODUCTION ON PAUSE
We tip our hat to old tradition with this beautiful stripping guide. These narrow fluted stones are wire-bezelled in GW’s resurrection of an old-school look. Give these guides a try on your next custom flyrod. 9mm, 10mm, 11mm, & 12mm. These narrow stones are the same thickness as our standard rings (approximately 2mm thick)…that’s thick enough to be sturdy, yet thin enough to allow vibrant translucency, especially in bright sunlight. We’re now backlighting some of the images to give a sense for how the rings will appear when mounted on a rod and out ‘in the wild’…sunny days on the stream make the ideal showcase for these gorgeous stone rings.
- 9mm – Natural Agate, Okapi Agate, Black Onyx, Moss Agate, ROY Agate, Blue Agate.
- 10mm – Natural Agate, Okapi Agate, Black Onyx, Moss Agate, ROY Agate, Blue Agate.
- 11mm – Natural Agate, Okapi Agate, Moss Agate, ROY Agate.
- 12mm – Okapi Agate, Moss Agate, ROY Agate
Frame Finish Options:
Frame Style Options:
- Standard Frame (regular wire weight) – the ideal balance of strength and light weight.
- Heavy Duty “Guide” Frame (one wire weight up…bold, distinctive, incredibly strong, and ideal for hard daily use by guides and other full-time anglers) – modest up-charge.
- Cradle Frame – a vintage look that is set slightly lower and has a rounded toe – these are more labor intensive to form and have a more significant up-charge.
Jewelry Grade Options: We can bezel these fluted stones in Gold or Precious Silver, either plain wire or Rope Twisted wire. While these can be left with bright frames, we suggest blued frames to create a high contrast with the precious metal bezels. These guides are durable and gorgeous – the perfect way to help your next showpiece dazzle the eye. For Gold bezels, please inquire by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Set in our new Hydro-Welded™ Standard Frames, these fluted stones are narrow, relative to their wide cousins the Wire Bezel Stripping Guide-Wide Stone.
For more information on our second generation Hydro-Welded™ Frames, please see these pages: