Hey Russ, I just finished splitting, pressing nodes, and straightening the strips on the butt section of the first A- culm. Wow! I was surprised on the time you save working with high grade bamboo. My first bundle of bamboo was purchased from [a west coast competitor]. I’m coming to the end of the bundle & really should have passed on a lot of it for rod making. As you call it “plant stakes”. It’s just hard throwing away material…. I thought your prices were high compared to others, but the time savings just in splitting & straightening has saved so much already. Can’t wait to get on with the rest of the build. I really appreciate the notes on the culms as well. Steers me in the right direction. Another GREAT product from Golden Witch! Stay safe & healthy! Chuck R. (USA)
Inventory Reduction Sale: We have too much A- Bamboo, so we’re offering this grade at a discount until our inventory is balanced.
Single Culms of A- Peak Bamboo normally retail for $59.95/culm + S/H/I. Get single culms now for only $49.95 during our Inventory Reduction Sale.
Grown In China. Imported by Peak Bamboo.
This is our A- bamboo, sold by the culm. (The pictures don’t do it justice, but read the testimonials to fully understand what you’re ordering)
When you order Peak A- Culms, you can expect:
- Ideal material for flamed or fumed rods where you can mask some of the visual flaws with darker blank colors
- Many large to middle diameter culms with very good power fibers; some skinnier culms; some with kinks/bows
- There will may be physical defects to work around and visual defects to embrace or mask
- Suitable rodmaking material – structurally sound, but with blemishes. For novices, budget rodmaking, or for those who prefer dark blanks
Read everything you need to know about Peak Bamboo at PeakBamboo.com, then return here to order. You’ll learn things like:
- What is the bamboo graded on?
- Who’s doing the grading?
- Why you should buy Peak Bamboo, as opposed to other brands
- How much do we keep on hand? and how much should you keep on hand?
- Shipping of all bamboo is on a custom, per-order basis and will be billed separately, after we cut, package, and weigh it. This currently takes 10 business days due to our backlog. PLEASE BE PATIENT.
- Need FAT culms? These are rare, but may be available at a premium. EMAIL US FOR DETAILS.
- ORDERING 60 OR MORE CULMS? DISCOUNTS WILL APPLY. EMAIL US FOR DETAILS.
RE Drying Splits:
Culms WITHOUT A Drying Split may travel better, but may also develop entirely random check splits due to temperature and humidity variations; Culms WITH A Drying Split will have, obviously, the drying split and they will also have a hinge split opposite the drying split…these culms are more compressible and may develop additional “handling” splits especially at the ends of culms, but they are less likely to develop random splits. It really is six of one, half a dozen of the other. Pick your poison. Or travel to pick them up yourself, which is the best way to secure 12′ sticks and to protect your investment. We offer Open Warehouse Saturdays approximately once per month.
RE Length, we have two options:
- 12′ cut into halves (Approx. 71” after sawing; clearly marked and bundled)
- 12′ cut into thirds (Approx.. 47” after sawing; clearly marked and bundled)
ROUGH U.S. Shipping Estimates: These are just ballpark estimates and you’ll note that the shipping drops dramatically as you move from one to six culms. A single culm is running $85-$120 to most Continental US locations, but it’s the box length and ‘dimensional weight’ that drive up the initial shipping cost. Two culms would be in the range of $95 -$135.00. By six culms you’re looking at $145-$195. At ten culms figure $22.00-$35/culm depending on location. Individual culm weight does come into play, and the average A+ stick weighs more than the average A- stick, so ten of one grade vs. ten of another grade would have modestly different shipping costs to the same location. If we run a sale that offers you the chance to request an extra culm or two, expect that the free culm(s) will still add to your shipping expense. Individual culm weight does come into play, and the average A+ stick weighs more than the average A- stick, so ten of one grade vs. ten of another grade would have modestly different shipping costs to the same location. If we run a sale that offers you the chance to request an extra culm or two, expect that the free culm(s) will still add to your shipping expense.