MOVING SALE: Help Us Reduce Inventory! Peak Bamboo is moving from leased warehouse space to owned warehouse space in the summer of 2019. Moving tons of bamboo is no-one’s idea of a good time, so we’d like to sell down the inventory as much as possible. This is your chance to grab culms at a great price. Stock up!
Single Culms of A Grade Peak Bamboo normally retail for $79.95 + S/H/I.
Moving Sale – We Ship: if we’re cutting & shipping inside the United States, then the sale price is now $65.95/culm + S/H/I. This is the sale price noted in the webstore.
Moving Sale Price – You Pick Up: Ten Culm Minimum For Pick-Up. If you schedule a trip to the warehouse BEFORE we move and you drive off with your culms so we don’t have to take the time and effort to box the culms, the price is only $499.95/ten pack (ten or more…the sale price on a per-culm basis will hold regardless of volume for 10 – 99 sticks; buy 100+ and we’ll further sharpen our pencils) . We’ll still cut the sticks into thirds or halves at your request. If you’re coming by to pick up your culms at this increasingly discounted price, please email for payment details and to schedule pick-up. Short version: you must pay by check and the check must clear in advance of your scheduled pick up date. If you prefer to be billed and pay through PayPal, we add a 4% PP surcharge to the bamboo price.
Sale prices not applicable to prior purchases. The Moving Sale ends the day we finish moving, and we’re not quite sure when that will be, but the clock is ticking.
Grown In China. Imported by Peak Bamboo.
This is our middle-grade, A bamboo, sold by the culm. (The pictures don’t do it justice, but read the testimonials to fully understand what you’re ordering)
When you order Peak A Culms, you can expect:
- Far fewer blemishes than an A- culm
- Large to middle diameters with very good to excellent power fiber depth
- Usually the ability to craft blonde rods, though some aesthetic flaws (e.g., watermarks) may be present in the finished product
- Impressive rodmaking material (though not as good as A+); physical and visual flaws will be present, but can often be dodged.
Read everything you need to know about Peak Bamboo at PeakBamboo.com, then return here to order. You’ll learn things like:
- What is the bamboo graded on?
- Who’s doing the grading?
- Why you should buy Peak Bamboo, as opposed to other brands
- How much do we keep on hand? and how much should you keep on hand?
- Shipping of all bamboo is on a custom, per-order basis and will be billed separately, after we cut, package, and weigh it. This currently takes 10 business days due to our backlog. PLEASE BE PATIENT.
- Need FAT culms? These are rare, but may be available at a premium. EMAIL US FOR DETAILS.
- ORDERING 60 OR MORE CULMS? DISCOUNTS WILL APPLY. EMAIL US FOR DETAILS.
RE Drying Splits:
Culms WITHOUT A Drying Split may travel better, but may also develop entirely random check splits due to temperature and humidity variations; Culms WITH A Drying Split will have, obviously, the drying split and they will also have a hinge split opposite the drying split…these culms are more compressible and may develop additional “handling” splits especially at the ends of culms, but they are less likely to develop random splits. It really is six of one, half a dozen of the other. Pick your poison. Or travel to pick them up yourself, which is the best way to secure 12′ sticks and to protect your investment. We offer Open Warehouse Saturdays approximately once per month.
RE Length, we have two options:
- 12′ cut into halves (Approx. 71” after sawing; clearly marked and bundled)
- 12′ cut into thirds (Approx.. 47” after sawing; clearly marked and bundled)
ROUGH U.S. Shipping Estimates: These are just ballpark estimates and you’ll note that the shipping drops dramatically as you move from one to six culms. A single culm is running $75-$80 to most Continental US locations, but it’s the box length and ‘dimensional weight’ that drive up the initial shipping cost. Two culms would be in the range of $85 -$95.00. By six culms you’re looking at $120-$130, or just over $20.00/culm for shipping. At ten culms it drops to about $18.00/culm; at 24 culms you’re looking at $16.00 or less per culm to most locations in the Continental US. Individual culm weight does come into play, and the average A+ stick weighs more than the average A- stick, so ten of one grade vs. ten of another grade would have modestly different shipping costs to the same location.