On Hold….we’re making this product as ‘out of stock’ temporarily until we catch up on standing orders.
FINAL INVENTORY! We are starting to get low on A Grade Tonkin Bamboo. There are less than 500 culms available. We are not planning to further lower the price – it’s already a good one for the quality these culms represent. Grab some high-graded Peak Bamboo while you can. The A+ material is all sold. The A- Grade in Ten Packs has been highly discounted to help move out the excess inventory….it’s a steal relative to the quality, but the shipping is still expensive unless you arrange to pick it up.
This is our mid-tier bamboo, and by far we sell more of this A material than either A+ or A-. We also have more A than anything else. It’s great rodmaking material!
Single Culms of A Grade Peak Bamboo normally retail for $84.95 + S/H/I.
Grown In China. Imported by Peak Bamboo.
This is our middle-grade, A bamboo, sold by the culm. (The pictures don’t do it justice, but read the testimonials to fully understand what you’re ordering)
When you order Peak A Culms, you can expect:
- Far fewer blemishes than an A- culm
- Large to middle diameters with very good to excellent power fiber depth
- Usually the ability to craft blonde rods, though some aesthetic flaws (e.g., watermarks) may be present in the finished product
- Impressive rodmaking material (though not as good as A+); physical and visual flaws will be present, but can often be dodged.
Read everything you need to know about Peak Bamboo at PeakBamboo.com, then return here to order. You’ll learn things like:
- What is the bamboo graded on?
- Who’s doing the grading?
- Why you should buy Peak Bamboo, as opposed to other brands
- How much do we keep on hand? and how much should you keep on hand?
- Shipping of all bamboo is on a custom, per-order basis and will be billed separately, after we cut, package, and weigh it. This currently takes 10 business days due to our backlog. PLEASE BE PATIENT.
- Need FAT culms? These are rare, but may be available at a premium. EMAIL US FOR DETAILS.
- ORDERING 60 OR MORE CULMS? DISCOUNTS WILL APPLY. EMAIL US FOR DETAILS.
RE Drying Splits:
Culms WITHOUT A Drying Split may travel better, but may also develop entirely random check splits due to temperature and humidity variations; Culms WITH A Drying Split will have, obviously, the drying split and they will also have a hinge split opposite the drying split…these culms are more compressible and may develop additional “handling” splits especially at the ends of culms, but they are less likely to develop random splits. It really is six of one, half a dozen of the other. Pick your poison. Or travel to pick them up yourself, which is the best way to secure 12′ sticks and to protect your investment. We offer Open Warehouse Saturdays approximately once per month.
RE Length, we have two options:
- 12′ cut into halves (Approx. 71” after sawing; clearly marked and bundled)
- 12′ cut into thirds (Approx.. 47” after sawing; clearly marked and bundled)
*ROUGH* U.S. Shipping Estimates: These are just ballpark estimates and you’ll note that the shipping drops dramatically as you move from one to six culms. A single culm is running $85-$120 to most Continental US locations, but it’s the box length and ‘dimensional weight’ that drive up the initial shipping cost. Two culms would be in the range of $95 -$135.00. By six culms you’re looking at $145-$195. At ten culms figure $22.00-$35/culm depending on location. Individual culm weight does come into play, and the average A+ stick weighs more than the average A- stick, so ten of one grade vs. ten of another grade would have modestly different shipping costs to the same location. If we run a sale that offers you the chance to request an extra culm or two, expect that the free culm(s) will still add to your shipping expense.Individual culm weight does come into play, and the average A+ stick weighs more than the average A- stick, so ten of one grade vs. ten of another grade would have modestly different shipping costs to the same location. If we run a sale that offers you the chance to request an extra culm or two, expect that the free culm(s) will still add to your shipping expense.